What happens to your smile when teeth go missing? Did you know that smile gaps don’t just affect your smile’s appearance, but it also affects function as well. So if you are currently experiencing smile issues due to lost teeth, take heart because we can help!
Our dental bridge might be just what the dentist recommended, as it is an effective solution for missing teeth. Not only does this non-removable restoration support your smile whether you are missing several teeth in a row, but it helps even if you are replacing just one missing tooth.
Let’s take a look at some of the things that can happen when the gaps in your smile are left untreated:
- You are more prone to gum disease and tooth decay.
- Your smile’s appearance suffers as the gaps stand out when you smile or speak.
- Your speech can be affected.
- The remaining teeth in your mouth can shift.
- Your bite may be altered.
- If your bite is altered, you are susceptible to temporomandibular joint disorder (TMJ) as your teeth are subjected to uneven pressure when chewing.
Dr. Matthew Tuft and our team at Copperstone Dental provide dental bridges as successful solutions for our patients in Meridian, Idaho, with missing teeth. Dental bridges are fixed restorations which use two or more crowns for the remaining teeth on either side of the gap. Also known as abutment teeth, these teeth anchor the false tooth which is placed in the gap.
If you would like to know more about how our dental bridge restoration can solve your smile issues due to missing teeth, please reach out to our Copperstone Dental team at 208•376•5499. We are happy to schedule your consultation with our dentist in Meridian, Idaho. Dr. Matthew Tuft and our team look forward to providing you with the smile solutions you deserve!