Sometimes a circumstance arises where you wind up with a broken tooth. it could be from many different things, but You must get a crack or chip fixed quickly. Chipping or cracking a tooth reduces its structural strength and provides a place for bacteria to get purchase and begin creating a cavity. Come to Copperstone Dental to get your chipped or cracked tooth fixed. Some of the things to look out for are:
• If you chew on hard objects such as ice, hard candy, or hard nuts you can fracture a tooth.
• A blow to the mouth can crack a tooth.
• If tooth enamel is exposed to temperature extremes, your tooth can crack. So if you are eating hot soup, don’t be tempted to sip ice water with it.
• Your teeth can crack if you persistently grind or clench your teeth (also known as bruxism).
• To repair a cracked tooth our dentist will first examine the tooth to determine proper treatment. If the tooth has minor cracks, bonding with a tooth-colored composite resin or dental filling may be all that will be needed. However, if the damage is severe, or affecting the tooth pulp, the tooth may require further treatment.
To learn more about your options for repairing a cracked broken tooth, please contact Dr. Matthew Tuft at Copperstone Dental in Meridian, Idaho today!